The piggyback spring is a specially designed compression spring device to move teeth apart during orthodontic treatments.
Areas of application
- Gaining space with crowded front teeth
- Gap opening in the posterior region
- Rotation of teeth
- Erecting lingually tilted lower canines (CC)
- Mesializing the anterior posterior teeth
- Distalizing posterior teeth
Six different lengths allow space to be gained from the individual tooth area to the canine-canine distance. Different colors are assigned to the individual sizes. With full compression approx. 200 cN force development (progressively decreasing).
- transparent / F1 - bypassing an anterior bracket
- orange / B1 - bypassing a side bracket
- red / F2 - bypassing 2 anterior brackets
- blue / B2 - bypassing 2 side brackets
- green / U3 - bypassing 3 brackets (universal)
- black / CC - canine-canine distance